This Is Blitz is focused on the amplification of the voices and opinions of emerging writers. In doing so, we’re interested in submissions from all young people wishing to have their work published on a blossoming platform. Here are some things to keep in mind before submitting to Blitz:
- Creative freedom is king. Pieces can be focused on any subject imaginable—fashion, music, film, politics, personal issues, humor, health, science, teenagehood, whatever.
- A wide range of formats are encouraged. We accept factual reporting, editorials, fiction, nonfiction, poetry, longform essays, think pieces, reviews, valentines, interviews, how-tos, diary entries, love letters, missed connections, etc. The more unorthodox, the better!
- Your work does not have to be centered around a specific theme, but check our previous posts to a get a feel for what we’re aiming for each editing cycle.
- You will be responsible for attaching an original or royalty-free image to accompany your submitted piece. If you neglect to do so, one will be provided for you.
- Visual work is also accepted. Photography, artwork, collages, illustrations, visual essays, and comics are all encouraged.
- Piggyback reporting will not be published. If one publication has already reported on it, the subject has no relevance on our website.
- All pieces will be thoroughly fact-checked.
- You do not have to pitch a story before submitting it. We will only respond to completed submissions.
If you are interested in submitting your work to Blitz, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to include your name, age, city (remember ASL?), and preferred social media handle. There is no guarantee that your submission will be published, but we will contact you otherwise.